Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
Department 413 – Legislation in Higher Education, Higher Education Research
The links, on these pages, to content on websites of third parties – "third-party content" – were created by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) with the greatest possible care and in keeping with the best available information. They solely provide access to third-party content. Particular efforts were made to ensure that the third parties involved are trustworthy, and that their pertinent third-party content conforms to legal requirements.
On the other hand, website content can change at any time, and it would not be feasible to individually review all linked content on an ongoing basis. The BMBF has no influence on the third-party content on linked third-party websites, and it cannot assume any liability for such content. The relevant content providers or website operators are solely responsible for the content to which we have linked on these pages. For this reason, the BMBF explicitly notes that its links to third-party content should not be understood as any endorsement of such content. In any and all cases of damages resulting from use of third-party content, or from failure to use such content, the sole party responsible is the provider of the website to which the pertinent links led. We will immediately remove any links that are brought to our attention as representing, constituting or relating to any legal infringements or violations.
Concept and editing
Dr. Christian Schnier
Registration court / registration number
Königstein im Taunus 6360
VAT identification number (Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer)
Implementation and technical service
Telefon: +49 711 78718-60
Fax: +49 711 78718-70
VAT ID number (USt-IdNr.): DE165396766
The copyrights to texts on this site are owned by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (hereinafter also: the "BMBF"), except where specified otherwise.
The copyrights to photos and graphics are owned by the BMBF, or by the Federal Photo Archives of the Press and Information Office of the Federal Government, except where specified otherwise.
Texts or parts thereof, diagrams, tables and pictures made available on the BMBF's websites may not be copied, distributed or displayed without the prior consent of the BMBF.
Terms applying to use of digital images
1. The Federal Ministry of Education and Research has acquired all rights to use the digital images presented from the authors/creators of the images, except where specified otherwise – for example, in the information accompanying the images.
2. Users are urged to take note of the information accompanying the images. Any utilisation limitations specified therein must be observed. Users are liable for any damages resulting from non-compliance. They must indemnify the BMBF from any liability vis-à-vis third parties in this respect.
3. Images whose source is referenced as "BMBF" are available free of charge from the BMBF (email@example.com) and may be used for reporting purposes in:
- press publications
- publications in print media
- film and TV publications
- online and multimedia publications
Eine darüber hinausgehende Nutzung für kommerzielle Zwecke, insbesondere für Werbezwecke, ist nicht zulässig. Bilder mit einem anderen Quellennachweis als "BMBF" sind für eine Nutzung durch Dritte nicht freigegeben.
Any other use for commercial purposes, in particular including advertising, is not permitted. Third-party use of images with a source reference other than "BMBF" is also not permitted.
4. Any editing, recomposing or modification of digital images, other than mere colour corrections, cutting and scaling, is not permitted unless the BMBF has given its prior written consent. Furthermore, digital images may not be displayed in a misleading context.
5. Any graphic, textual or other distortion of copyrighted images, e.g. by means of retaking, graphic falsification, photocomposing or use of electronic tools, is not permitted. Furthermore, users are responsible for captions.
6. Press users are obliged in particular to adhere to the journalistic guidelines (Press Code – Pressekodex) of the German Press Council (Deutscher Presserat). Consent to the use of images does not include the assurance that the persons shown, the owners of the rights to presented works or the owners of relevant trademark or other property rights have given their consent to publication. Users are responsible for obtaining the consent of third parties as required in individual cases. They are bound to observe the privacy rights, and the copyright, trademark and other property rights, of or applying to any persons, works, objects or symbols displayed. Users are liable for any damages suffered by third parties as a result of a failure to observe such rights.
8. The source "Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung" must be indicated in connection with any use of digital images. This also applies to electronic publication (for example, publication on websites). Prior to any publication in print, a specimen copy must be sent to the BMBF free of charge and without special request: