The International Center of Higher Education Management (ICHEM) is a research centre at the University of Bath. It was established in 1994 and is part of the School of Management. Its research is multi-level and comparative, and seeks to strengthens the innovative capacity of higher education to contribute to global wellbeing by:
- Building theoretical advances and empirical knowledge through world-class research on global transformation.
- Supporting strategic change processes and working with governments, higher education institutions and international organisations to provide global consultancy, policy recommendations and leadership insights.
- Providing space for critical engagement and the dissemination of innovative, ethical and sustainable strategies through seminars, conferences, keynotes and master classes.
- Implementing praxis circles which bring together researchers, policy makers and leaders in global networks to co-create new knowledge.
- Contributing to executive development and leadership programmes, including the PhD and the DBA in Higher Education Management, which constitute the largest group of managers researching higher education worldwide.
ICHEM supports the Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) and PhD in Higher Education Management. It has been successful in a number of grant applications including to the Economics and Social Research Council (ESRC), the European Commission, and others.